I have made an electropermanent magnet based on summary provided on this blog.
Here are my details -
- I have used AlNiCo and Neodymium Magnet together in the core with 10mm diameter and 20mm length.
- I have used two Iron rings on the end of the magnet with 45mm diameter and 2mm thickness.
- I have used insulated Copper wire with 2mm diameter (diameter of the Copper wire inside is 1mm).
- About coil turns are taken in total.
- I am using a 9 volt battery for power supply.
Here's the image of the experiment -
However, when I pass currents of different polarity through the circuit, no difference in the magnet field is observed. What is the reason for this?
Is this because of low windings, low electricity supply or something else?
If you want more details about electromagnet, then please check this paper.
Thanks a lot :)