top 0.07% overall
I'm a postdoc at ICFO, the Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona. My research is on strong-field and ultrafast physics, and I study tunnel ionization and high-harmonic generation.
Check out my papers - they're nice!
- Knotting fractional-order knots with the polarization state of light. E Pisanty et al. Nature Photonics (2019), arXiv:1808.05193.
- Conservation of torus-knot angular momentum in high-order harmonic generation . E Pisanty et al. Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 203201 (2019), arXiv:1810.06503.
- Strong-field approximation in a rotating frame: high-order harmonic emission from p states in bicircular fields. E Pisanty and Á Jiménez-Galán. Phys. Rev. A 96, 063401 (2017), arXiv:1709.00397.
- Slalom in complex time: emergence of low-energy structures in tunnel ionization via complex time contours. E Pisanty and M Ivanov. Phys. Rev. A 93, 043408 (2016), arXiv:1507.00011.
- High-harmonic generation: taking control of polarization. M Ivanov and E Pisanty. Nature Photon. 8, 501 (2014).
Full list in my Google Scholar page.
My PhD thesis is available here. It deals with the tunnel effect, and how you can build trajectory based models even when the particle is under the barrier. This requires the time to be complex and, as I show, the same is true of the position ─ with some nontrivial interpretation issues ;-). I gave an overview talk at a recent workshop and the video is here.
My profile picture shows the topology of a polarization knot that's produced by combining light beams with different frequencies and spin and orbital angular momentum, from figure 1 of the polarization-knots paper
I've also got a few Mathematica projects over on GitHub,
LISSAFIRE, a package to reconstruct the electric-field Lissajous figures of bichromatic combinations from nonlinear polarization tomography.
RB-SFA, a package to calculate high-harmonic generation (HHG) emissions in the strong-field approximation (SFA), by direct time integration of the Lewenstein model.
QuODD: Quantum Orbits Dynamic Dashboard, a package to visualize the effect of complex time contours on the complex trajectory for the quantum orbits formalism of strong-field physics.