If you need to have Sound Power results and the location that the microphone needs to be to make the measurement(per the standard) is not accessible. There is a machine part in between the measurements surface and mic location. In addition the noise source is a tire rotating on a drum.
I was told to make the multiple measurement using SI and then convert to Pw.
- How much will the reflective surface influence the SI measurement?
- To calculate the point required for the mic position is ~ 1/2 the distance specified by the standard. Can you using the inverse square law to correct the value?
- What is the best way to convert SI to Pw?
- Does anyone have a better way to make this measurement without a lot of R&D studies to understnad the results?
- How can I validate my results if this approach is used?
- Can anyone share a public reference paper to help with this issue? Thanks Tony