Suppose I connect a 9 V DC battery to a DC-to-AC converter. Then connect the output of the converter to a step-up transformer, which increases the voltage to 2000 V. Now, if I put myself between the ends of the terminals of the secondary circuit of the transformer (i.e. I'm the load), will I be electrocuted? (Assuming my body resistance to be 1000 Ohms.)
I think 2000 V and 1000 Ohms can produce about 2 A of current through my body, which could be fatal. This means I'm drawing about 4000 J of energy per second from the battery. A quick google search tells me that a standard 9 V battery may contain 20,000 J of energy. If that's true, 2 A current will go through my body for about 5 seconds before the battery is completely drained. I'll be fried like a potato for sure if that happens.
Are my reasoning and numbers fairly correct? Can a 9 V battery kill you?
Also, what would happen if the 9 V DC is coming from an adapter connected to a 230 V AC power source and not from a DC battery? If I'm the load, would 2 A current flow non-stop through my body in such a scenario (until the AC power source is depleted)?