I was studying the Bryton cycle for a gas turbine and a question came to my mind about the turbine work output. That is, are we talking about the work output for the turbine blades or about the work output for the shaft connected with these blades?

  • $\begingroup$ it's the same . $\endgroup$ Oct 12, 2021 at 21:26
  • $\begingroup$ It's called "shaft work" for a reason. $\endgroup$
    – Bob D
    Oct 12, 2021 at 21:27
  • $\begingroup$ In addition to the other answers, note that the turbine shaft is attached to a pump, electric generator, etc., to do work on those devices. $\endgroup$ Oct 13, 2021 at 1:11


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.