If I spin a magnet really fast, and put my finger near it, i get no electric shock.
However if i place a wire near that wire it will induce an emf across the wire, if i touch it, will i get a shock?
aka, does the introduction of the wire make it easier for me to get a shock? my intuition says yes, but when i actually think about it, the emf around a path is independant of whether or not an actual wire is there, and the same emf across my body is present if the wire ISNT THERE. imagine e.g a path starting from my finger across my body back to my finger?
So is my intuition correct? or would it have no impact.
the only thing i can think of if it IS the case, is the resistance is lower on the path with the wire so no current? but it still has to travel the same distance in my body