A z-tube measures tensile strength by placing a liquid within a z-shaped tube and rotating the tube until the water separates. Why can't you just use a normal tube? Wikipedia says the water will just fly out, but doesn't that happen when the force exceeds the tensile strength anyway?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.