I've been looking for a term online but couldnt find it: suppose we have a subset $X$ in phase space, such that for all $q\in X$, the path starting at $q$ never exits $X$ either forward or backward in time.

Is there a name for such an $X$?


1 Answer 1


A lagrangian submanifold iswhat you are thinking of.



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.