The Wikipedia page on Drag Coefficient has a nice chart a little way down that shows the Drag Coefficient vs Reynolds number for a sphere, derived from experimental data. I am interested in looking at similar charts for other shapes and I have been searching online, but haven't been able to find much.

So, I am wondering if anyone is aware of a good resource that contains charts of Drag Coefficient vs Reynolds number for a variety of shapes. Examples of shapes I am interested in are: flat plate, cylinder, half-cylinder, rod with various sections (e.g. square, triangle). I would also be interested to see such charts for airfoils and internal flows through valves or piping.

The resource I am looking for would contain charts for a range of different shapes, over a similar range of Reynolds numbers to the chart on the Wikipedia page (i.e. covering the transition between laminar and turbulent flow, plus some distance either side).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.