1
$\begingroup$

Possible Duplicate:
What causes an electric shock - Current or Voltage?

When someone gets electrocuted, what kills them; a high Voltage or a high Electric current, and why?

$\endgroup$

marked as duplicate by Qmechanic Jan 16 '13 at 21:57

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

-1
$\begingroup$

The voltage itself doesn't do anything, it's the electric current that a high voltage can produce what kills you. A high current can disipate a lot of energy in your body (human body has low conductivity), and literally burns you.

$\endgroup$
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ Yes but you will probably die of a heart attack, not burns, because the current disrupts the regulatory electrical impulses in your heart. See Wikipedia. $\endgroup$ – Mark Mitchison Jan 16 '13 at 21:50

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.