I know Luminophore is used for molecules or nanocrystals which absorbs and emit light, and Scatterer is used for materials which scatter light (elastically or inelastically).

I suppose it would be technically correct to call Luminophore an inelastic scatterer, because energy of the light is changed during the interaction.

Depending on size, nanocrystals will strongly absorb and emit visible light and also scatter short wavelengths to some degree. So I was wondering if a noun or a term exists to describe these three process?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.