What will we call particles that are in a "quantum entanglement" kind of relationship? not looking for examples (like thingamatrons can participate theoretically in quantum entanglement); rather the noun part / nomenclature like the

particles that exhibit quantum entanglement are called __________ mirrors.


Particles that exhibit quantum entanglement are called entangled -- that is, "entangled particles". Being entangled is a property, and thus, it is described by an adjective.

  • $\begingroup$ they are entangled. But will they have a name? like how a particle with positive charge is called proton $\endgroup$ – gawkface Sep 20 '19 at 20:10
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ See my edit. --- And a particle with positive charge is not necessarily a proton. $\endgroup$ – Norbert Schuch Sep 20 '19 at 20:10
  • $\begingroup$ hmm in the context of my question, what you are saying makes sense. i was trying to find a word which can then be used in this question (english.stackexchange.com/questions/504795/…) and all...but thats not the realm of physics stackexchange $\endgroup$ – gawkface Sep 20 '19 at 20:12
  • $\begingroup$ yeah i knew "not necessarily a proton" thing would come up here lol, but it was as an example... $\endgroup$ – gawkface Sep 20 '19 at 20:13
  • $\begingroup$ @harshvchawla A word which only denotes an example - i.e. a specific instance - is not a word for the general case. $\endgroup$ – Norbert Schuch Sep 20 '19 at 20:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.