I use the term stroboscopic for an experiment, where the stroboscopic effect is part of the experimental setup.

And I call an experiment a time series time resolved experiment, if the data is recorded in a stream for the whole time of the experiment. But I had many discussions, when to use which term exactly. I use the term in nuclear physics, but I hope that it does not matter to much on the topic.

I am looking for a publication defining one or more of these terms properly.


Before answering, please see our policy on resource recommendation questions. Please write substantial answers that detail the style, content, and prerequisites of the book, paper or other resource. Explain the nature of the resource so that readers can decide which one is best suited for them rather than relying on the opinions of others. Answers containing only a reference to a book or paper will be removed!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.