Just wondering if helium emission lines have names like hydrogen lines. For instance the Balmer series is:

$$H_{\alpha}, H_{\beta}, H_{\gamma}, H_{\delta}...$$

The Lyman series is:

$$L_{\alpha}, L_{\beta}, L_{\gamma}, L_{\delta}...$$

Is there an equivalent naming convention for helium? If so, what are they called?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.