I think the title would be "The disintegration of a liquid sheet" or something.

Maybe an old NACA report?

Ref: Weber, Constantin. "Zum zerfall eines flüssigkeitsstrahles." ZAMM‐Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics/Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik 11, no. 2 (1931): 136-154.

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ it seems it has been translated for oak ridge , see this search books.google.gr/… $\endgroup$
    – anna v
    Jul 1, 2019 at 4:12
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks. This is what I am looking for. But it seems difficult to find this report copy on the internet... $\endgroup$
    – 8cold8hot
    Jul 1, 2019 at 4:35
  • $\begingroup$ You could find someone to translate it ... and pay... if it is that important. $\endgroup$
    – user207455
    Jul 1, 2019 at 4:36
  • $\begingroup$ Disintegration of a fluid jet $\endgroup$
    – Frobenius
    Jul 1, 2019 at 6:12
  • $\begingroup$ you should contact the library at Oakridge national labratory ornl.gov/content/research-library . Maybe if you are a student they would help with a photocopy $\endgroup$
    – anna v
    Jul 1, 2019 at 7:06

1 Answer 1


Yes, I typed up a University of Colorado Boulder translation (apparently funded by the US military) that's older and much better than the mentioned Oak Ridge translation. I also made a fair number of improvements and corrections.

The translation is available at my university's repository here: http://dx.doi.org/10.26153/tsw/3371

The Oak Ridge translation has almost no equations printed in it and is fairly rough. It is available at the Library of Congress TRS unit in microfilm, report no. AEC-TR-3783.

I'd recommend reading a paper like Sterling and Sleicher's if you want a similar result using more modern methods and notation.

Finally, I wrote an answer on Academia Stack Exchange on how to locate translations that may be of interest. Through one of the translation indices I mention I read about another English translation of this paper at the British Library which I don't have a copy of.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.