In studying column abundances, I often encounter the units $pr-\mu m$. What does this stand for? Part per micrometer? how can this be an abundance unit?

Incredibility I cannot figure out what it means after quite a bit of online searching.

  • $\begingroup$ Likely per micrometer. The pr is not standard. I imagine it would be commonly used in display technology and micofabrication for density. In molecular fields you have the related ppm for parts per million. $\endgroup$ – Paul Childs Jun 6 '19 at 1:03

Looks like it is precipitable microns (https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1029/2006JE002695)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.