I looking for a book (or two) covering a range of topics:
numerical implementation of boundary conditions (PEC, PMC, ABS);
perfect matching layer;
- LU factorisation;
- numerical solvers and when to use them (solvers like BicGstab, Pardiso, MUMPS);
- things like, convergence, accuracy, precision;
Problems which I will have to solve in the near future:
- finding resonances and Purcell factors of nanoantenna(s) quantum dot systems in a layered medium;
- modes in and S matrix of micro waveguides. Numerical propagation of Gaussian beam in that waveguide;
- energy transport from dipole along a plasmonic wire;
Probably I will solve all of these problems in the frequency domain. Tools I have: COMSOL, Matlab, Mathematica and Python.
A little about me:
I am stuck with one of my projects which requires numerical calculation (Which I am doing in COMSOL and Matlab). I haven't done any progress in more than a year. I have almost no background in numerical calculations.
I would like to do a good job and be able to quantify how much I can trust my results.