I've encountered both the terms "shear elasticity" and "shear modulus". Are these the same?


1 Answer 1


Shear Elasticity and Shear modulas (also called modulas of rigidity) are same. For details, use these links:

  1. Shear Elasticity
  2. Shear modulas

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.