I'm not sure if I have the correct visual model, but I imagine that a particle spin can be represented by a single point on the orbit, or by a superposition state (like a random plane through a corner of the sphere)

I'm curious what the name of a collapsed, known position is, and what that "thing" is called? I know that "thing" can be composed or thought of as the sum of two other "things" on the sphere (eigenvalues??), but I don't know what it's called by itself.

  • $\begingroup$ I'm not sure what you're asking here. Spin is an intrinsic property independent of position, so a "spin's uncollapsed position" is a meaningless question. Are you confused on what spin is? $\endgroup$ – Hanting Zhang Jan 19 at 18:15
  • $\begingroup$ @HantingZhang youtube.com/watch?v=bvCbrFD7wdU&t=12m50s what is the point on that diagram $\endgroup$ – neaumusic Jan 21 at 5:14

I believe it could be called the Qbit or Qubit




Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.