I'm writing image processing software and my goal here is to take an image of a projectile moving away from the camera and determine the launch angle. What I already know is:
- The actual size of the object
- The distance from the camera to point a
- The distance from point a to point b
- The speed of the projectile
- The elapsed time between points
- The height from the camera to the ground
- All technical specs of the camera
Is it possible to calculate this angle? I realize that if point a to point b is the hypotenuse then I could make the calculation if I had either the opposite or the adjacent but I'm struggling to find those measurements.
I'm not trying to model the flight path here. I need to determine the angle the object left the ground very soon (milliseconds) after launch. This angle will then feed into my flight model.