I'm trying to find the name for the academic specialty of studying asteroids, but I can't seem to find any. For example, there is a distinct wikipedia page for "Planet" vs "Planetary science". Is there no asteroidology? Does no one have a PhD in asteroid sciences? Are asteroids actually not interesting enough to have their own subfield? Does it get wrapped into planetary science?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.