I am reading some papers in mathematical physics (https://arxiv.org/abs/1006.0977) and I came across the following symbol $\mathbb{R}^2_{\hbar}$ I don't recognize nor could I find any background information on. It has something to do with regularizing the euclidean plane $\mathbb{R}^2$ using equivariant cohomology so that you may compactify on it. Does anyone know the name of such a space? Would it be called an equivariant euclidean plane for instance? Any insight in how this equivariance process works is greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.