Physically, a scalar is a quantity invariant with reference frame, a vector is a quantity associated with a direction, tensors are higher relationships between vectors - what are spinors? I thought I found an answer with clifford(/geometric) algebra, but apparently the use of the word spinor in that literature is highly non-standard. I have a decent understanding of the geometry of spacetime, and quantum mechanics, if that's necessary.

  • $\begingroup$ Hi user6873235, Welcome to Phys.SE. Usually Phys.SE only allows one subquestion per post, so I removed one of the subquestions. $\endgroup$ – Qmechanic Apr 9 '18 at 12:10
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I would suggest reading this paper which provides a geometric description of spinors in a way that's meant to be intuitive. $\endgroup$ – Billy Kalfus Apr 9 '18 at 17:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.