I'm sorry I have to ask this question but I need evidence for a friend. My answer to her that I trust people who specialize in the field to know better than me is 'BS' to her.
So to begin... My friend believes the earth is flat. She believes NASA is fake. And now she thinks the Elon Musk Falcon Heavy launch wasn't real (well maybe the launch in the Earth's atmosphere) but the car in space was completely fake. She wants me to research and provide evidence that it was real and a car can exist in space. I know I know, many people say it's not worth the time but I truly care for this person and have to see this through. Plus if we're not trying to educate the world aren't we kind of being hypocritical? Yes? Haha ok here we go...
So the main point I'd need to have scientific evidence of is can the car exist in space. Her points...
- a car would be destroyed in a vacuum
- elon says "you know it's real because it looks so fake"
- the car goes from a room into space
- did you see the photo of it from launch
- you know how much money it takes to “launch” something into space
- you think he just did that to have it “orbit for 1 billion years” that is literally so dumb it’s incomprehensible
- engineering teams never see the satellites launch ‘they just build them’
- look at the car - put the image in a photoshop editor - it’s worse than avatar special effects
- you think there are just cameras fixed to some car that’s literally just cruising around space and there’s not debris next to it from the rocket and there are no shots of the camera attachment from one side of the car to the other
- uber has 6000 engineers, they don’t know any of what uber is actually doing, they all do pieces of it, that isn’t even a valid argument, there’s only a portion of every business that knows anything, you think they send a brief to 6000 employees that they are going to do a launch
- next piece of evidence https://www.livescience.com/61690-why-spacex-roadster-looks-fake.html everyone thinks it looks fake, even elon, and his excuse is “the colors are more crisp in space”, and then people just believe that??
- you need to watch the footage again and wonder why there are articles upon articles explaining why “it looks fake”, when you don't think yourself it does
- I said I trust experts and asked who she trusts which she responded...no one, but that’s why i ask questions, to myself included, “do i think this looks real?” no, why?, “because of X Y and Z”, okay why is x this, research look, ask, repeat, always
- i expect this from you too - outgassing, photo editor images, see what has been previously launched
- look to see where the cameras are in the different angles
- instead of me asking you to research why it’s fake, you can instead tell me what you researched to show you it’s real, i will listen - i did this - your turn
- i don’t want any of the “trusting people” “watched it live” bull that’s not evidence, I’ll wait
- you can’t lose 1 billion a year, stock dropped 8.63% just last night, and then be spending millions to randomly launch a car into space. It doesn’t make sense - it’s a distraction to justify his lack of use with tax payer money
Have a field day ladies & gents ;) and if you could provide resources to anything that would possibly help educate and validate your answer I'd be moooore than appreciated.