A BEC with no superfluidity is referred to as Bose Glass (due to S. Yukalov to my knowledge). Is anyone aware of a similar definition for systems which exhibit superfluid behaviour but are not Bose-Einstein condensed?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I believe this question is equivalent to this one physics.stackexchange.com/q/31003 $\endgroup$ – KF Gauss Jan 29 '18 at 19:00
  • $\begingroup$ The dark matter? $\endgroup$ – safesphere Jan 29 '18 at 19:23
  • $\begingroup$ @user157879 no, it's a different question although related... $\endgroup$ – Semola Jan 29 '18 at 19:28
  • $\begingroup$ @semola Read the first answer, it addresses both BEC without superfluidity and superfluidity without BEC. $\endgroup$ – KF Gauss Jan 29 '18 at 20:42
  • $\begingroup$ @user157879 I read that answer as well as the book cited there. My question is not on the difference between superfluids and BEC but on the nomenclature (if there is one at all) for a superfluid which is not condensed, e.g. a superfluid in 1D, or a 2D Kosterlitz-Thouless superfluid. $\endgroup$ – Semola Jan 29 '18 at 21:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.