Imagine a room in your basement with a very special property: The time inside this room runs 60 times faster compared to the outside world. That means when you enter the room and spend there 1 day with working, reading, etc., only 24 minutes are gone in the outside world. Wouldn't such a place be wonderful:
- You would be done with all your university exercises in just a few hours.
- You could read so many books and become one of the most educated people.
- You could practice many skills... you could become a great musician and learn any instruments in just a week (1 week = 14 month), or become expert in any other skill...
- You could run your simulations on a computer in this room and they would be done in little time.
- You could maybe even grow some food in such a room.
The concept of such a room sparked my imagination, so my first question is:
For what would You use such a room? What great possibilities are there?
However, I study physics and I am very curious for the (theoretical) ways to actually build such a room. Of course this room is more like a thought experiment, but: Is it possible to build such a place in accordance with the laws of physics? Or:
How to build such a room?
Thank you for your answers.
Note: Before I asked this question I checked if it matches the physics category, but according to Is non-mainstream physics appropriate for this site? it should be fine: "For example, a question that proposes a new concept or paradigm, but asks for evaluation of that concept within the framework of current (mainstream) physics is OK."