I'm currently an undergraduate physics student and I've recently completed a research project with one of my professors this past half-year or so. I'm interested in submitting what I have right now to an appropriate research journal. Does anyone have a journal in mind that is more-so tailored to undergrads? My work was on muon spin spectroscopy, FYI.

  • $\begingroup$ Many colleges will have a forum for presenting undergraduate research. The one at my place is rather grandly called the 'Research Symposium' (which is not in keeping with the Ph.D. Comics naming advice, but there you have it). $\endgroup$ Jun 10, 2017 at 17:27
  • 4
    $\begingroup$ I'm voting to close this question because it is about what journal to publish in and not physics. This might be appropriate for Physics Chat. $\endgroup$
    – Kyle Kanos
    Jun 10, 2017 at 17:28
  • $\begingroup$ Related: physics.stackexchange.com/q/107201/2451 $\endgroup$
    – Qmechanic
    Jun 10, 2017 at 17:47
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ What has your professor suggested? They are the experts in the field, and will know if a suitable journal exists. $\endgroup$
    – CDCM
    Jun 10, 2017 at 18:01
  • $\begingroup$ I agree with @CDCM--your advisor knows best. In my opinion, I would suggest not to target some undergrad-oriented journal. If the project is original, interesting, and advanced enough, maybe you could try and submit it to a big journal like Physical Review B. Maybe some grad students or former undergrad researchers in your group would know of an appropriate journal for your work. $\endgroup$ Jun 10, 2017 at 20:57


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.