It is known that why we see a small bit of lightning or an electrostatic shock is when placing a negatively charged conductor to a neutral conductor, isn't it?
My question is why do feel hurt or shocked when this happens? For example if we touch a conducting object when we are negatively charged we feel a bit of shock. This is because the charges in our body rapidly goes to the conducting object then why is it that we are hurt? Or even why do we see a bit of lightning? Is it connected to electromagnetism?