Today while I was preparing popcorns in the microwave I mistakenly set the timer to ~5mins and as a consequence quite a few of the popcorn were burnt. This shock was however much mild when compared to the next one.
While eating those popcorns I touched the outer surface of a half burnt and half popped kernel. The exterior was normal to touch but the moment I put the kernel onto my tongue it burned so hot as hell. As an experiment I did this again with the same results:
exterior: normal temperature. Can touch without shouting "ouch"
interior: much hotter. Need to say "ouch" on touching
Now why is this so. You would expect uniform heating for all kernels (burnt or not) which I did not experience. What may cause this.