I think most materials/objects, when you apply to them oscillating forces, they oscillate with specific intensity, according to the forces magnitude and frequency. But there is a specific combination of frequency that you make the material/object go crazy, ie. oscillate with maximum intensity, which is the resonance frequency. I was thinking, do electrons of specific materials have such resonance frequency? Do solid or gas atoms/molecules have such resonance frequencies? Thanks!

  • $\begingroup$ In English this is called "resonance" $\endgroup$ – zeldredge Aug 24 '16 at 13:39
  • $\begingroup$ See de-Broglie wavelength for individual particles, and bond oscillation for molecules. $\endgroup$ – hebetudinous Aug 24 '16 at 14:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.