Due to its popularity, I am interested to know the 4 chapter titles and topics covered in S.W. Hawking Ph.D, Properties of Expanding Universes. I also ask this because that thesis is hardly available.
It seems it went online at last! It went global and public, and it collapsed the wave-function! Here https://www.repository.cam.ac.uk/handle/1810/251038
From this, the chapter titles are...
- Title: Properties of expanding universes.
- Chapter 1. The Hoyle-Narlikar theory of gravitation.
- Chapter 2. Perturbations.
- Chapter 3. Gravitational radiation in an expanding universe.
- Chapter 4. Singularities.
Every thesis submitted for a PhD in Cambridge is archived at the Cambridge University Library. They should be able to get you a copy (for a fee).