I am the only one in my office repeatedly subject to static stock. Does wearing silver jewelry increase my chance of getting a shock?
Stack charge builds up when two insulators rub against each other. This could be between your shoes and the carpet, for instance. You may be wearing shoes with soles with different materials, or walk in a way that picks up charge more easily. Silver is a conductor, so doesn't cause static build-up. The charge is later discharged when you touch something grounded, causing the shock.