I understand that the glass used in convection oven door must be able to withstand high heat.

enter image description here

But what should be the exact specification if I am thinking of replacing my broken oven door and replacements are not available and I need to ask the help of local glass sellers?


closed as off-topic by Kyle Kanos, Waffle's Crazy Peanut, Brandon Enright, JamalS, Danu Dec 21 '14 at 9:46

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "This question appears to be about engineering, which is the application of scientific knowledge to construct a solution to solve a specific problem. As such, it is off topic for this site, which deals with the science, whether theoretical or experimental, of how the natural world works. For more information, see this meta post." – Kyle Kanos, Waffle's Crazy Peanut, Brandon Enright, JamalS, Danu
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • $\begingroup$ Most likely simple tempered glass. $\endgroup$ – Kyle Kanos Dec 21 '14 at 3:19

Ovens in the kitchen are not suppose to heat above 450°F. Any type of glass can handle that temperature, if the change in temperature is not too fast. For safety, I would think that tempered glass is used on the ovens.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.