I've posted a short video here as a visual aid.
Whenever I put my fan on Medium speed during the night time, it produces a rotating Blue and Orange color design, despite both fan blades being a white color. My primary question is, why are these colors being produced?
I've been experimenting a bit and bizarrely enough, this color effect is only occurring in my room (and disappears in the day time) and nowhere else in the house, so the effect is most likely being caused by the light I use at night (why it's different from other lights in my house is beyond me). I could be wrong though, but just an idea. Also, things to note:
- This isn't a camera effect, the colors are even more distinct in person than the camera quality leads to believe.
- This effect only occurs on Medium speed and disappears on both Low and High speeds.
- If I have the fan on Medium speed and switch it to High, the color effect starts rotating faster in the clockwise rotation (with respect to the observer) before disappearing.
- And if it's originally on Medium speed and switched to Low, the colors start to slow down and eventually reverse in their rotation until they disappear.
- It isn't as apparent on camera, but the Blue and Orange design appears at speeds lower than the standard Low speed (as in, when I turn the fan off and the blades slowly come to rest). The only difference is that instead of 5 Blue and Orange segments, there are 10 of each, then 15 of each, etc.