I am currently a senior in high school. I have spent the past four years participating in physics research at a local lab. Are there any journals in which I as a high schooler can publish my research?


Before answering, please see our policy on resource recommendation questions. Please write substantial answers that detail the style, content, and prerequisites of the book, paper or other resource. Explain the nature of the resource so that readers can decide which one is best suited for them rather than relying on the opinions of others. Answers containing only a reference to a book or paper will be removed!

  • $\begingroup$ It's worth noting that holding a PhD is not a prerequisite for publishing research, it's just a useful metric for editors and reviewers when first judging the seriousness of the work before them. Your mentor is (presumably) fully "qualified" so I don't see any problem here. $\endgroup$ – Dai May 9 '15 at 6:33

You might consider having your research mentor co-write a paper with you and submit it to a journal of pedagogy such as The Physics Teacher.

Or, if your result is novel enough, any peer-reviewed research journal that includes in its scope the type of science you have worked on in the lab. Your mentor should have some idea of whether this is appropriate or not.


protected by Community May 9 '15 at 4:02

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.