New answers tagged


Yes, it is possible but it involves a lot more work. The problem is that the different components you want to separate are not similar enough for a simple subtraction to work. The frequencies are far from exactly the same, and even if they were approximately similar the relative phases would change quite fast. The phase information cannot therefore be used ...


The answer suggesting "Art of Electronics" is spot on -- no argument. However, it is also spot on expensive. An alternative is Practical Electronics For Inventors which is now in its 4th edition and an excellent low priced book that allows you to move through the material more quickly. The scope of coverage for "Practical Electronics For Inventors" is ...


Art of Electronics, now in its 3rd edition by Horowitz and Hill has always been a classic. Comprehensive and easy to read with an emphasis on practice rather than deep theory. I am a professional electronics engineer and I have used it (I transitioned from physics) for decades


I believe that the question is asking you to perform the Fourier transform on the given function and instead of plotting the resulting complex function in 3D, to convert the values from the Fourier transform into the magnitude and phase. That is, take the complex numbers you get from the transform $\mathbf{F}(y)=a(\omega)+ib(\omega)$, convert to ...

Top 50 recent answers are included