Physics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for active researchers, academics and students of physics. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I wish to pursue a career that somehow involves programming, electronics, and physics. What are such careers?

Also, I have heard of some 1 year post-graduate diplomas/courses for specialization in Physics. Which universities/ colleges offer them?

share|cite|improve this question

closed as unclear what you're asking by Brandon Enright, centralcharge, David Z Nov 23 '13 at 6:34

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This question appears to be off-topic because it is unclear what you' are asking. – centralcharge Nov 23 '13 at 5:48

You're looking for experimental particle physics on a big detector at a national lab:

  • There's no end to the custom electronics and embedded systems associated with the data acquisition,
  • Computer science is definitely required (analysis of big data sets), and
  • Plenty of really interesting fundamental physics.

If you are still at the university go talk to a professor at your institution who is involved with a particle physics experiment at something like CERN, DESY, or one of the other large labs depending on your country of origin (e.g. in America: BNL, ORNL, Los Alamos) and he/she can give you more guidance.

Good luck!

share|cite|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.