Physics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for active researchers, academics and students of physics. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I've often run across phrases such as "medium-induced gluon radiation" from some papers,what is "medium-induced gluon radiation"?

share|cite|improve this question
I for one would need a little more context to take a guess. Are we talking about the nuclear medium in the aftermath of a collision? – dmckee Nov 3 '13 at 2:24
It's gluon radiation induced by a medium. – Mitchell Porter Nov 3 '13 at 2:30
Thanks for the explanation! – user32139 Nov 3 '13 at 8:17

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.