Physics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for active researchers, academics and students of physics. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

With all the sudden discussion related to Nuclear power, safety, fuel, waste, etc, there's one question whose answer has so far eluded me.

How big (height and diameter) is the actual pressure vessel of a conventional BWR or PWR? I've seen, now, about a thousand images depicting the structures of Fukushima, Chernobyl, and TMI, but none of them include units of measurement for the size of what I'm looking at.

share|cite|improve this question

closed as off topic by David Z Apr 8 '11 at 5:37

Questions on Physics Stack Exchange are expected to relate to physics within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Hi Eric - this isn't a physics question, just a measurement that you could look up. Stack Exchange sites aren't meant for general reference questions. – David Z Apr 8 '11 at 5:39
Ask this on . – peterh Mar 10 '15 at 6:19