I am studying heat transfer And understanding the vacuum flask example that involves conduction, convection, and radiation
Do you know other example that involves these 3 phases?
we can name some by category:
- Touching a stove and being burned
- Ice cooling down your hand
- Boiling water by thrusting a red-hot piece of iron into it
- Hot air rising, cooling, and falling (convection currents)
- An old-fashioned radiator (creates a convection cell in a room by emitting warm air at the top and drawing in cool air at the bottom).
- Heat from the sun warming your face
- Heat from a lightbulb
- Heat from a fire
- Heat from anything else which is warmer than its surroundings.
but what example involves all of them?