This question already has an answer here:
Whenever my three year old son plays on his trampoline, it doesn't take very long for him to start building up a significant amount of static electricity. His hair stands on end (which is quite amusing), but when I help him down we both get a nasty static shock (which is not amusing).
He finds the shock upsetting, and I'm concerned that it will discourage him from enjoying his trampoline.
How can I prevent the build-up?
One suggestion I have seen on a parenting forum is to ground the trampoline frame with a cable and a metal stake. However my understanding is that this would enable him to discharge by touching the frame (rather than me), but it would not prevent the static occurring in the first place.
If it's relevant, it's this trampoline and is on a grass lawn. My son bounces in his socks, no shoes. In case of link rot, it is an 8ft trampoline with a net enclosure.