Similar question has been asked but did no get good answers.
We know that black hole can confine light, but can we create an ocean black hole - which can confine surface water waves or sound waves in water?
- What is a static water flow which can CONFINE water waves?
- Is there a configuration confining only surface waves?
- Is there a configuration confining volume waves?
Inside a confined region any water density perturbations can not propagate outside.
- Overall volume of water in the "tank" can not change so the solution when the water is removed faster then the waves travel is ruled out.
- There possibly can be additional objects presented in the water "tank".
- It can be some unsual liquid or gas, whith additional "new" properties.
Thanks for your answers.