I was reading around about the Radio Frequency and its effect on the GAS/Petrol forecourts, suddenly i came across something posted by someone,
"I personally went on a trip with some friends, one who received a nasty shock every time he tried to enter the car. Since he was the only one receiving these shocks I theorize that the source of his shocks were the shoes he was wearing. I told him to hold his key out toward the door and a spark jumped between the key and the body of the car. This prevented him from receiving the painful shock. But I could see how this could also ignite a gas fire."
I couldn't understand how the static electricity could cause the shock from the car ? and how could be the source of this is Shoes ? and how holding the key could prevent someone from this shock ?