i'm not doing anything related to physics, but i'm just curious : What really happen when i short circuit an alkaline battery ? some article in the net shown that fire/explosion can be happened when short circuit the battery. How can this happen? coz i got some article said that there is an 'internal' resistance of the battery that prevent very high current is drawn (exceed the maximum current), so i think this become the safety tool , so current or temperature won't be a problem.
But why can still produce fire or explosion ? And why the manufacture of the battery (like for example some of AA alkaline) doesn't provide info about maximum c rating or maximum current to be drawn (so where can i find it?). Ussually only Voltage and capacity(mAH) is printed. Is that kind of info is not important so it's ignored. Sometime the mAH is not even printed on AA batery. I can only see it on lipo or nimh batt.