Induction cookware cooks food by inducing an electro magnetic field in the ferro-magnetic cookware. Since iron offers a lot of resistance to the current, the current is converted into heat in the cookware, which is then used to cook the food.
My question is, if this is the case, why is the top of the cookware not hot ? If the current flows evenly through the cookware, even the top of the cookware should have been hot ?
Note : This question is based on my observations while heating milk. The milk itself is hot, but the top of vessel is cool.
Another minor question:
Is all the current converted into heat ? Some vessels contain more iron than others. Is there any situation which will lead to electric shock on touching the metal ?