Take the 2-minute tour ×
Physics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for active researchers, academics and students of physics. It's 100% free, no registration required.

ie do a couple of molecules with more energy bang out a volume in the liquid where molecular attraction is overcome and the energetic molecules can move at random? where can I find out more about this subject?

share|improve this question

put on hold as too broad by Jim, Danu, Brandon Enright, JamalS, ACuriousMind yesterday

There are either too many possible answers, or good answers would be too long for this format. Please add details to narrow the answer set or to isolate an issue that can be answered in a few paragraphs.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Just for clarification, You speak about steam bubbles, I suppose? More on this subject You will find in a glass of beer or some other fizz drink, gas bubbles originate under the very same laws as steam bubbles do, but watching is much easier and some side effects can be rather funny... –  Georg Nov 30 '11 at 19:24
The topic of phase changes is large part of thermodynamics (and one of the ones I find most interesting). You might find it useful to look up words. like "nucleation" "supercooled", and "superheated". –  dmckee Nov 30 '11 at 20:18
Fun fact: Lausanne University in Switzerland has an entire course on bubble physics. –  Lagerbaer Dec 1 '11 at 1:54