Physics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for active researchers, academics and students of physics. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

What would I need to do to create water droplets of a consistent size and shape over a distance of 3 to 10 feet? Are there any special requirements for the nozzle?

Can I use pure water or should I have some kind of additive?

Any special requirements on the valve, etc, that is produced?

share|cite|improve this question

closed as not a real question by Noldorin Jan 4 '11 at 19:40

It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Sorry, this isn't physics. More like DIY or engineering at best. – Noldorin Jan 4 '11 at 19:40

I think that you only need an appropriate nozzle, called an atomizer. It is basically a very fine nozzle which uses the Venturi effect to create a very think cloud of droplets.

There are commercial companies selling specific nozzles by droplet size, distance and distribution (they are typically used in factories).

share|cite|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.