I make a setup (see attached picture).
- ONE coil (1" diameter x ~120 turns), which is separated with a gap, is mount on two sides. Each side has an iron rod (1" diameter x 6" long) to increase the focus of the magnetic wave.The wire for the core is 14 gauge motor wire (5.9 amp power rating max).
- Two super strong magnets (1" diameter x 0.5" thick each) are mount at the middle block (plastic) under Duck tape. Each of them is rated ~40 lbs holding force. Each side of the block has one magnet.
- I use 6 power resistors in series to create 50 ohm resistance. I connect the circuit to wall power 120VAC. Since the impedance of the coil is small, I think I give 2.4 amp @ 60 HZ to the circuit.
- Everything for holding is by very smooth plastic (Acetal Resin).
- Before I connect the power, I put the system at rest. The magnet is so strong that, they make the middle piece to go to either one of the iron.
I thought the MIDDLE PIECE would swing to the left and right with 60Hz. However, the system does NOT move at all. Any idea?