Physics Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for active researchers, academics and students of physics. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Consider metal, and its reciprocal lattice representation with Fermi surface.

What is the correct way to represent a plasmon in this system? M.b. rotating points on the surface? Or 3d membrane-like oscillation of surface? Or what?

share|cite|improve this question

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.